Dolphin for Teachers
Making text accessible
Finding an alternative to text based learning resources is incredibly important for teachers supporting students with a visual impairment or print impairment. Every student has a right to receive learning materials in an accessible format that satisfies their needs to succeed at school, college or university.
Dolphin has a complete range of Alt Format solutions that allow teachers to convert their text based materials into audio MP3 or DAISY formats quickly and easily - it couldn't be easier to make accessible version of your classroom hand-outs. Students can access the information in a way that suits them best using their computers, MP3 players or DAISY players.
- EasyProducer - Convert text to DAISY talking books by clicking a button.
- EasyConverter - Give your students the choice they deserve. Convert print and text input into alternative accessible formats such as Braille, Large Print and audio.
- EasyReader – DAISY digital talking book player.
Access to computing
Computers are now part of the daily curriculum. For teachers who support students who are blind, have low vision or experience reading and writing difficulties Dolphin's range of access and dyslexia tools can provide equal access for all.
Take a look at the following Dolphin Computer access and education products:
- SuperNova Access Suite – Combined screen reader and screen magnifier with full Braille support.
- SuperNova Screen Readerl – Screen reader with Braille support.
- SuperNova Magnifier – Screen magnifier for partially sighted users.
- SuperNova Reader Magnifier – Screen magnifier with speech support.
- SaySo – Reading and Writing tools with word pronunciation, suggestions for alternative words and homophones, a useful application to help overcome dyslexia and other learning difficulties.