Knowledge Base Article Number: Q0307
Created On: 24 Nov 2010
Last Updated on: 17 May 2011
Dolphin Launch Pad does not work when I upgrade my Dolphin 11.x Pen to version 12
- SuperNova Access Suite
- SuperNova Magnifier
- SuperNova Reader Magnifier
- SuperNova Screen Reader
- Dolphin Pen
Customers who upgrade their Dolphin Pen software version 11.x by using the Dolphin Pen Upgrade patch to version 12.01 may find initially that the Dolphin Launch Pad does not work when the CAPS + F10 keys are pressed.
This problem is caused by not all the current maps and scripts being copied from the read-only partition of the Dolphin Pen to the writeable partition of the Dolphin Pen. To resolve this issue, please carry out the following steps:
- Plug in your Dolphin Pen version 12.01 and let your Dolphin Pen software start.
- From the Windows Start Menu, select "My Computer".
- In the group "Devices with Removable Storage", locate the item named "Removable Disk" then press ENTER.
- There will now be a folder with one of the following names, select the folder and press ENTER to open the folder: a. "SnovaSuite". b. "SnovaReadMag". c. "SnovaRead". d. "SnovaMag".
- A folder named "Defaults" will be displayed, select this folder and press ENTER to open the folder.
- Now move down the list of files until you find a file named "FilesCopied.dat", select this file and press the Delete key to delete this file.
- Close "My Computer" by pressing Alt + F4.
- Quit your Dolphin software, to do this open your Dolphin Pen software control panel by pressing LEFT CONTROL + SPACEBAR, then go to the "File" menu and select "Quit Supernova".
- Once your Dolphin Pen software has quit (you will hear a descending jingle), unplug your Dolphin Pen and then after a few seconds re-plug in your Dolphin Pen.
The Dolphin Pen software will take possibly up to 1 minute to start whilst the default files are automatically copied over to the writeable partition, then your Dolphin Pen software will start and you will be able to use the Dolphin Launch Pad.
Downloads and useful links:
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send any comments on this article quoting article number Q0307 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have this problem too!
If you're experiencing this issue with your Dolphin software then let us know and we will update you when more information or a fix is available:
Printed from www.YourDolphin.com.
© 2010 Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. All rights reserved.