Knowledge Base Article Number: Q0309
Created On: 16 Mar 2011
Last Updated on: 12 Jul 2011
SuperNova support for Internet Explorer 9
- SuperNova Access Suite
- SuperNova Magnifier
- SuperNova Reader Magnifier
- SuperNova Screen Reader
What is Dolphin doing to introduce support for Internet Explorer 9 in SuperNova?
SuperNova versions 12.04 and later are compatible with Internet Explorer 9.
You can read more about his at:
- If you are running a SuperNova version 12.01 to 12.03 product, you can update to a version compatible with IE9 using the "Check for Updates" item in the "Help" menu of the SuperNova Control Panel.
- If you are running a version of SuperNova older than 12.04, and are not in a position to update or upgrade your Dolphin software to at least 12.04, then you will need to downgrade to Windows Internet Explorer 8 (IE8).
To do this:
1. Press the WINDOWS KEY. The "Start" menu opens. The cursor is positioned in the search box.
2. Type "Programs and Features" (without the quotes) "Programs and Features" will be displayed in the search results.
3. Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to select "Programs and Features" from the search results and press ENTER. The "Programs and Features" window opens.
4. Press TAB to move to the "View installed updates" link and press ENTER. Windows will start listing installed updates - this may take up to a minute.
5. Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to select "Windows Internet Explorer 9" .
6. Press TAB to move to the "Organize" button.
7. Press the RIGHT ARROW to move to the "Uninstall" button and press SPACEBAR
8. Follow the prompts to remove Internet Explorer 9.
Why can't versions of SuperNova older than 12.04 be made to work with IE9?
Downloads and useful links:
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send any comments on this article quoting article number Q0309 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have this problem too!
If you're experiencing this issue with your Dolphin software then let us know and we will update you when more information or a fix is available:
Printed from www.YourDolphin.com.
© 2011 Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. All rights reserved.