Knowledge Base Article Number: Q0317
Created On: 20 Apr 2011
My Dolphin software is crashing and displaying a crash log, what should I do?
- SuperNova Access Suite
- SuperNova Magnifier
- SuperNova Reader Magnifier
- SuperNova Screen Reader
If you receive a Dolphin crash log report when running Dolphin software then please ensure you are running the latest version available. If problems then persist, contact Dolphin Product Support.
To check for the latest software updates:
1. Press LEFT CONTROL + SPACEBAR. The SuperNova control panel opens.
2. Press ALT + H. The “Help” menu opens.
3. DOWN ARROW to “Check for Updates” and press ENTER. SuperNova checks the Dolphin Server for updates and shows a dialog box listing available updates.
4. If updates are available, TAB to the “Update” button and press SPACEBAR.
5. Follow any additional on-screen instructions.
If problems persist, on contacting Dolphin Product Support you will be asked one or more of the following questions:
· Does the problem occur each time you follow the same steps? If the problem can be replicated then this can make it much easier to resolve. Dolphin Product Support will make all efforts to replicate the problem. Knowing what is the operating system version, application version and what other software is installed can all prove helpful.
· Have you agreed to share anonymous usage data with Dolphin? Signing up to the Dolphin Product Improvement Programme means any crash logs generated by Dolphin software will be sent to Dolphin for analysis and fixed. You can sign up at any time by running the Dolphin software, going to the “Help” menu and selecting “Customer feedback”.
Downloads and useful links:
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send any comments on this article quoting article number Q0317 to email@example.com.
I have this problem too!
If you're experiencing this issue with your Dolphin software then let us know and we will update you when more information or a fix is available:
Printed from www.YourDolphin.com.
© 2011 Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. All rights reserved.