Knowledge Base Article Number: Q0362
Created On: 08 Jun 2011
When attempting to load SuperNova 12, no splash screen appears and SuperNova does not load.
- SuperNova Access Suite
- SuperNova Magnifier
- SuperNova Reader Magnifier
- SuperNova Screen Reader
- Dolphin Pen
With SuperNova 12 set to run automatically, or by starting it manually, the Supernova splash screen does not appear and SuperNova fails to load. Looking in the Windows Task Manager under the Processes tab reveals the SuperNova process is not starting.
This may happen if for some reason the "Dolphin Cbar2" service is not running, or is not set to start automatically. You need to ensure to service is both running and set to automatically start.
To do this:
1. Press WINDOWS KEY + R. The "Run" dialog box opens.
2. You are placed in an edit area. Type in the following:
3. TAB to the "OK" button and press ENTER. The "Services" dialog box opens.
TAB into the list of Windows services. Use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to locate the service called "Dolphin Cbar Service 2".
4. Press ENTER. The "Dolphin Cbar Service 2 Properties" dialog box opens.
5. TAB to the "Startup Type" list box and use the UP and DOWN ARROW keys to select "Automatic".
NB: Ensure the "Startup Type" is set to just "Automatic" and NOT "Automatic (Delayed Start)".
6. TAB to the "Stop" button and press SPACEBAR. This will stop the service.
7. TAB to the "Start" button and press SPACEBAR. This will start the service.
8. Press ALT + F4. This will close the "Dolphin Cbar Service 2 Properties" dialog box.
9. Press ALT + F4. This will close the "Services" dialog box.
10. SuperNova should now load.
Downloads and useful links:
The information provided in this knowledge base article has been reviewed and is believed to be accurate and is provided "as is" without any warranties expressed or implied. In no event shall Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. nor its affiliates assume any responsibility for inaccuracies, errors, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or omission in this document, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Keep in touch
Do you have any comments on this article? Send any comments on this article quoting article number Q0362 to email@example.com.
I have this problem too!
If you're experiencing this issue with your Dolphin software then let us know and we will update you when more information or a fix is available:
Printed from www.YourDolphin.com.
© 2011 Dolphin Computer Access Ltd. All rights reserved.